Spain really has the most beautiful and punctual train system in Europe (I almost said the World). I think I am allowed to say this as I spent a proper month and a half in Europe, from Ireland, to as far as Poland. Not only are the trains fast, modern and more comfortable than an aeroplane – but the train stations are pretty beautiful themselves.
I was amazed by the Zaragoza station. I looks like something from the year 2030. The only drawback of Spanish trains are that unlike other countries, where if you’re a little late you could still jump on the train as the doors are about to close, Spanish operators close check-in 15minutes before the train’s departure. Although, they do have this nice arrival guarantee (depending on the route) of max 15mins late. Or a full ticket refund.
Latest posts by Rouen Smit (see all)
- Cape Town public transport extends to Table Mountain – August 13, 2014
- Cape Town Bus Rapid Transit system extends services to Khayelitsha – July 12, 2014
- How bus rapid transit routes will reach Khayelitsha and Mitchell’s Plain – June 10, 2014
- Fire detectors to prevent shack fires wins International Innovation Prize – June 9, 2014
- MyCiTi Express Service to Reach Mitchell’s Plain in July – April 24, 2014