Spain really has the most beautiful and punctual train system in Europe (I almost said the World). I think I am allowed to say this as I spent a proper month and a half in Europe, from Ireland, to as far as Poland. Not only are the trains fast, modern and more comfortable than an aeroplane - but the train stations are pretty beautiful themselves.
I was amazed by the Zaragoza station. I looks like something from the year 2030. The only drawback of Spanish trains are that unlike other countries, where if you’re a little late you could still jump on the train as the doors are about to close, Spanish operators close check-in 15minutes before the train’s departure. Although, they do have this nice arrival guarantee (depending on the route) of max 15mins late. Or a full ticket refund.
Latest posts by Rouen Smit (see all)
- Good Bicycle Week in Cape Town – April 8, 2013
- Relocation of Cenotaph to make way for MyCiTi station on Adderley Street given the Greenlight – March 27, 2013
- Bigger Cape Town International Airport runway expected to start construction at end of 2014. – March 5, 2013
- Large public art projections for Cape Town – February 14, 2013
- Watch: Vertical Expectations – The Shard, London – February 14, 2013