Cycling in Shanghai: A way of life
In June this year Rashiq Fataar traveled to Shanghai during our Eye on Shanghai feature, uncovering a China advancing at a rapid pace but still embracing transport of all kinds. In a city with an estimated 23 million people, the streets are filled with cyclists, cars, buses and motorcycles of all shapes and sizes, making cycling in this city an experience not for the faint-hearted. But amidst the chaos, albeit a functioning state of chaos, the wide boulevards, parks, public spaces and interesting communities make for a diverse visual feast on a scale seen only in a few mega-cities across the world.
We have compiled our 10 favourite images of cyclists and their bicycles during the trip to Shanghai.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016