The Hangberg Revitalization Project is a community led social space that aims to provide a symbol of pride and peace for the community. Central to the design are ideas incorporating concepts of safety and violence prevention; community interaction, gathering and expression; and a beacon of hope, peace and community identity.
Primarily, the design focuses on providing a space for positive development and interaction of children. The main infrastructure is therefore aimed at them. Standard playground attractions will be included as well as structures and games that enhance learning and cooperation. As a part of this thinking it is vital that children are partaking in the entire development process of the space, so that it best embodies their wishes.
In an attempt not to alienate any community members, a democratic space is envisioned where the space is for everyone and by everyone.
Recap of a site visit to the Hangberg Playground
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016