by Rouen Smit
Renderings have emerged of the proposed MyCiTi Bus Station in Adderley street. This will be the main connecting station for train commuters to the MyCiTi Bus inner city Feeders and extended IRT network.
Seven of the eight feeder routes will stop at this three-platform MyCiTi bus station. The latest map (updated on 9 May 2012) is available here. The map revealed a nice surprise as the MyCiTi stop at Imizamo Yethu, Hout Bay will now be an enclosed Feeder station, similar to the ones below.
Would an enclosed feeder MyCiTi bus station not also make sense at Salt River Station? For many Capetonians, it is already an interchange or point of connection to other modes and parts of Cape Town.
Latest posts by Rouen Smit (see all)
- Cape Town’s MyCiTi system: 5 important changes – October 2, 2014
- Cape Town public transport extends to Table Mountain – August 13, 2014
- Cape Town Bus Rapid Transit system extends services to Khayelitsha – July 12, 2014
- How bus rapid transit routes will reach Khayelitsha and Mitchell’s Plain – June 10, 2014
- Fire detectors to prevent shack fires wins International Innovation Prize – June 9, 2014