Future Cape Town completed a design concept, for the introduction of a High Street in the community of Mfuleni, which includes the following prime nodes:
5.1. The taxi rank as the centre, with each high street emanating from this, overlapping with existing businesses.
5.2. A phase 1 pedestrian route along market stalls to the taxi rank.
5.3 Future phases from the taxi rank outwards, toward the Mfuleni Business Facility, and along an existing path alongside recreational facitlies.
With the anticipated urban maturity, it then becomes a central High Street, which supports existing businesses along these routes. An overall pedestrian and public transport focus underpins this roll out programme supported by community work groups / communications programmes This proposal is a design-led strategy intended to promote the development of a coherent and safe, pedestrian-centred High Street in the area around the Mfuleni Taxi Rank. The Mfuleni Taxi Rank, literally and figuratively forms the centre, through which the Mfuleni High Street model design proposal is conceived.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016