The City of Cape Town introduced its first custom-built 9-metre feeder bus in its special MyCiTi livery on Wednesday 30 May 2012. The buses will augment the existing MyCiTi fleet and allow the City to add more routes to its unfolding service.
The bus is one of 190 being assembled locally in Epping, by Busmark 2000. The nine-metre bus – the Optare Solo – is a low floor bus and is shorter than the existing buses in the MyCiTi fleet, to make it easier to manoeuvre in residential areas.
Latest posts by Rouen Smit (see all)
- Buses every 10 minutes on new MyCiTi bus routes – October 24, 2013
- Cape Town’s MyCiTi bus service now on Google Transit – October 14, 2013
- Cape Town bus routes kick into gear – August 31, 2013
- Detroit Bus Company Formed After Government Plans for Light Rail Fails – June 17, 2013
- Art with Bus Rapid Transit Systems: Lagos, Nigeria – June 17, 2013