The City of Cape Town introduced its first custom-built 9-metre feeder bus in its special MyCiTi livery on Wednesday 30 May 2012. The buses will augment the existing MyCiTi fleet and allow the City to add more routes to its unfolding service.
The bus is one of 190 being assembled locally in Epping, by Busmark 2000. The nine-metre bus – the Optare Solo – is a low floor bus and is shorter than the existing buses in the MyCiTi fleet, to make it easier to manoeuvre in residential areas.
Latest posts by Rouen Smit (see all)
- 1 million passengers a month for MyCiTi? – April 14, 2014
- Top Design(s) Chosen For Naspers Centre – April 8, 2014
- This Saturday: Cape Town BRT Expands to Atlantis – April 8, 2014
- University of Cape Town’s Shuttle Service Integrates with Cape Town BRT – March 7, 2014
- New Bus Route to Hout Bay – January 10, 2014