Cape Town’s designation as World Design Capital 2014 was made official on Friday, June 29, 2012!
Read the speech by the Mayor of Cape Town at the signing ceremony here.
What does Cape Town’s designation as World Design Capital 2014 mean? Read about it here
The signing of the Host City Agreement between the City of Cape Town and the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (Icsid) took place at Freeworld Design Centre. The event coincided with the 5th annual World Industrial Design Day, an Icsid initiative, and the 55th birthday of the international organisation.
Cape Town’s World Design Capital designation will come at a milestone moment, with 2014 marking the anniversary of 20 years of democracy in South Africa. This is the first time an African city has earned the title.
Produced by One.Dog.Chicken (http://onedogchicken.com)
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- This week on Metropolist: A museum for Africa – December 9, 2013
- Young people shaping our cities – December 5, 2013
- Cities embracing nature – November 26, 2013
- Creating better streets for Cape Town. How? – November 26, 2013
- Cape Town receives honourable mention at World Green Building awards – November 22, 2013