Cape Town’s designation as World Design Capital 2014 was made official on Friday, June 29, 2012!
Read the speech by the Mayor of Cape Town at the signing ceremony here.
What does Cape Town’s designation as World Design Capital 2014 mean? Read about it here
The signing of the Host City Agreement between the City of Cape Town and the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (Icsid) took place at Freeworld Design Centre. The event coincided with the 5th annual World Industrial Design Day, an Icsid initiative, and the 55th birthday of the international organisation.
Cape Town’s World Design Capital designation will come at a milestone moment, with 2014 marking the anniversary of 20 years of democracy in South Africa. This is the first time an African city has earned the title.
Produced by One.Dog.Chicken (http://onedogchicken.com)
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- A weekend conversation: Can Cape Town learn from Berlin? – October 28, 2014
- Architecture Open Studios 2014 – August 18, 2014
- 10 Must-See events at OPEN DESIGN 2014 – August 18, 2014
- WATCH: Cape Town Skatepark under a bridge opens – August 2, 2014
- How to demolish a highway and open a port – June 12, 2014