On September 19, 2012, “The Crystal” – A Sustainable Cities Initiative by Siemens – was opened with this spectacular illumination. From this moment on, London’s newest architectural landmark will serve as one of the world’s largest exhibition and conference center dedicated to urban sustainability.
Future Cape Town’s MD, Rashiq Fataar, joined several other guests at the launch of the building, which included speeches from the CEO of Siemens AG is Peter Löscher, , the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, & the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
The exhibition itself provides an exciting, accessible and tangible introduction to the world of urban sustainability, and the important factors cities need to consider going forward as they deal with the impacts or urbanization and climate change.
For more images click here.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Go inside the ZEITZ Museum of Contemporary Art Africa by Heatherwick Studio – February 27, 2014
- Design the new face of the Naspers Centre building – February 19, 2014
- South Africa in 2030: What is possible? – February 19, 2014
- This week on Metropolist: Cycling in the City – February 18, 2014
- Cape Town Stadium: Accessible versus transparent. – February 10, 2014