On September 19, 2012, “The Crystal” – A Sustainable Cities Initiative by Siemens – was opened with this spectacular illumination. From this moment on, London’s newest architectural landmark will serve as one of the world’s largest exhibition and conference center dedicated to urban sustainability.
Future Cape Town’s MD, Rashiq Fataar, joined several other guests at the launch of the building, which included speeches from the CEO of Siemens AG is Peter Löscher, , the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, & the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
The exhibition itself provides an exciting, accessible and tangible introduction to the world of urban sustainability, and the important factors cities need to consider going forward as they deal with the impacts or urbanization and climate change.
For more images click here.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Library – February 6, 2016
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | What is a street? 10 cities explored through street films – January 21, 2016
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Hillbrow, a community centre and the future: Interview with Thomas Chapman – December 2, 2015
- From the desk of Future Cape Town III: Why letting the ideas in, and out, makes sense – October 28, 2015
- From the desk of Future Cape Town: Why we need a weekend getaway – October 5, 2015