On September 19, 2012, “The Crystal” – A Sustainable Cities Initiative by Siemens – was opened with this spectacular illumination. From this moment on, London’s newest architectural landmark will serve as one of the world’s largest exhibition and conference center dedicated to urban sustainability.
Future Cape Town’s MD, Rashiq Fataar, joined several other guests at the launch of the building, which included speeches from the CEO of Siemens AG is Peter Löscher, , the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, & the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
The exhibition itself provides an exciting, accessible and tangible introduction to the world of urban sustainability, and the important factors cities need to consider going forward as they deal with the impacts or urbanization and climate change.
For more images click here.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016