On September 19, 2012, “The Crystal” – A Sustainable Cities Initiative by Siemens – was opened with this spectacular illumination. From this moment on, London’s newest architectural landmark will serve as one of the world’s largest exhibition and conference center dedicated to urban sustainability.
Future Cape Town’s MD, Rashiq Fataar, joined several other guests at the launch of the building, which included speeches from the CEO of Siemens AG is Peter Löscher, , the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, & the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
The exhibition itself provides an exciting, accessible and tangible introduction to the world of urban sustainability, and the important factors cities need to consider going forward as they deal with the impacts or urbanization and climate change.
For more images click here.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Film and city-making: An interview with Dele Adeyemo – April 28, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Voices of the city: Bonnie Horbach – April 10, 2015
- FUTURE GOLD COAST | In conversation: Rashiq Fataar and the founder of Future Gold Coast – April 8, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | South Africa’s hopes of planning better cities and communities – March 30, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Why young urbanists made their own city plan for Helsinki – March 23, 2015