On September 19, 2012, “The Crystal” – A Sustainable Cities Initiative by Siemens – was opened with this spectacular illumination. From this moment on, London’s newest architectural landmark will serve as one of the world’s largest exhibition and conference center dedicated to urban sustainability.
Future Cape Town’s MD, Rashiq Fataar, joined several other guests at the launch of the building, which included speeches from the CEO of Siemens AG is Peter Löscher, , the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, & the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
The exhibition itself provides an exciting, accessible and tangible introduction to the world of urban sustainability, and the important factors cities need to consider going forward as they deal with the impacts or urbanization and climate change.
For more images click here.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | The future of the Newlands pool: What is the real question? – January 26, 2015
- Design competitions in 2015: From Chicago to Dakar – January 12, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Density Syndicate Symposium: Live Blog – November 3, 2014
- A weekend conversation: Can Cape Town learn from Berlin? – October 28, 2014
- Architecture Open Studios 2014 – August 18, 2014