A R150 million renovation to Newspaper House, home of the Cape Argus and located at the top end of historic St George’s Mall, is currently underway. The initial phase of the refurbishment is almost complete and the first tenants are due to move in before the end of 2012. Independent Newspapers will continue on as a major tenant, occupying the top three floors of the building. Groupon South Africa will be moving their new offices and call centre here and will occupy the second floor. Negotiations are underway with potential tenants for the remainder of the available space. Food Lover’s Market have signed a 10 year lease for the ground floor retail section and are due for a November 2012 opening.
Latest posts by Andre Wessels (see all)
- City Development Update: Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital – June 28, 2013
- City Development Update: Touchstone House – May 27, 2013
- City Development Update: Roggebaai Place – February 20, 2013
- City Development Update: 107 Bree St – January 9, 2013
- City Development Update: Grand Parade Investments new Head Office – November 12, 2012