Learn more about the competition zones and the sports which are part of the Rio 2016™ Games Olympic and Paralympic programme. Rio de Janeiro plans to organize the Games at a cost of USD 14.4 billion, being able to hold all sport events (excepting football) inside the city. There will be 30 competition venues in four Olympic zones—Barra, Copacabana, Deodoro, and Maracanã—apart from venues for golf and rugby union, which were added to the Olympic program after the election.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Building the Puzzle of Public Transport in Cape Town – March 14, 2014
- Go inside the ZEITZ Museum of Contemporary Art Africa by Heatherwick Studio – February 27, 2014
- Design the new face of the Naspers Centre building – February 19, 2014
- South Africa in 2030: What is possible? – February 19, 2014
- This week on Metropolist: Cycling in the City – February 18, 2014