Learn more about the competition zones and the sports which are part of the Rio 2016™ Games Olympic and Paralympic programme. Rio de Janeiro plans to organize the Games at a cost of USD 14.4 billion, being able to hold all sport events (excepting football) inside the city. There will be 30 competition venues in four Olympic zones—Barra, Copacabana, Deodoro, and Maracanã—apart from venues for golf and rugby union, which were added to the Olympic program after the election.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- This week on Metropolist: A museum for Africa – December 9, 2013
- Young people shaping our cities – December 5, 2013
- Cities embracing nature – November 26, 2013
- Creating better streets for Cape Town. How? – November 26, 2013
- Cape Town receives honourable mention at World Green Building awards – November 22, 2013