Learn more about the competition zones and the sports which are part of the Rio 2016™ Games Olympic and Paralympic programme. Rio de Janeiro plans to organize the Games at a cost of USD 14.4 billion, being able to hold all sport events (excepting football) inside the city. There will be 30 competition venues in four Olympic zones—Barra, Copacabana, Deodoro, and Maracanã—apart from venues for golf and rugby union, which were added to the Olympic program after the election.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Film and city-making: An interview with Dele Adeyemo – April 28, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Voices of the city: Bonnie Horbach – April 10, 2015
- FUTURE GOLD COAST | In conversation: Rashiq Fataar and the founder of Future Gold Coast – April 8, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | South Africa’s hopes of planning better cities and communities – March 30, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Why young urbanists made their own city plan for Helsinki – March 23, 2015