Learn more about the competition zones and the sports which are part of the Rio 2016™ Games Olympic and Paralympic programme. Rio de Janeiro plans to organize the Games at a cost of USD 14.4 billion, being able to hold all sport events (excepting football) inside the city. There will be 30 competition venues in four Olympic zones—Barra, Copacabana, Deodoro, and Maracanã—apart from venues for golf and rugby union, which were added to the Olympic program after the election.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | The future of the Newlands pool: What is the real question? – January 26, 2015
- Design competitions in 2015: From Chicago to Dakar – January 12, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Density Syndicate Symposium: Live Blog – November 3, 2014
- A weekend conversation: Can Cape Town learn from Berlin? – October 28, 2014
- Architecture Open Studios 2014 – August 18, 2014