Learn more about the competition zones and the sports which are part of the Rio 2016™ Games Olympic and Paralympic programme. Rio de Janeiro plans to organize the Games at a cost of USD 14.4 billion, being able to hold all sport events (excepting football) inside the city. There will be 30 competition venues in four Olympic zones—Barra, Copacabana, Deodoro, and Maracanã—apart from venues for golf and rugby union, which were added to the Olympic program after the election.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Making public spaces in cities, Public: An interview with Jay Pather – April 4, 2017
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016