Learn more about the competition zones and the sports which are part of the Rio 2016™ Games Olympic and Paralympic programme. Rio de Janeiro plans to organize the Games at a cost of USD 14.4 billion, being able to hold all sport events (excepting football) inside the city. There will be 30 competition venues in four Olympic zones—Barra, Copacabana, Deodoro, and Maracanã—apart from venues for golf and rugby union, which were added to the Olympic program after the election.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016
- V&A Waterfront announces R700m ‘Canal District’ – February 29, 2016
- Planning work for the future of the Athlone Power Station site to commence – February 29, 2016