Cape Town Design NPC, the implementation company of World Design Capital Cape Town 2014, launched the four themes that will shape and focus a year-long programme of design events and activities at the historic Clock Tower in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront tonight.
The four themes are:
1. African Innovation. Global Conversation: African ideas that speak to the world.
2. Bridging The Divide: Design that reconnects our city and reconciles our communities.
3. Today For Tomorrow: Sustainable solutions for people and planet.
4. Beautiful Spaces. Beautiful Things: Inspiring architecture, interiors, food, fashion, jewellery, craft, art and creativity.
In a bold move to signal the advent of the implementation phase of World Design Capital Cape Town 2014, this historic landmark with its eye-catching red colour was painted yellow (the primary branding colour for WDC 2014 that was also prominently used in the bid process as part of supporter branding).
Images: Courtesy of Cape Town Design NPC
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Library – February 6, 2016
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | What is a street? 10 cities explored through street films – January 21, 2016
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Hillbrow, a community centre and the future: Interview with Thomas Chapman – December 2, 2015
- From the desk of Future Cape Town III: Why letting the ideas in, and out, makes sense – October 28, 2015
- From the desk of Future Cape Town: Why we need a weekend getaway – October 5, 2015