Cape Town Design NPC, the implementation company of World Design Capital Cape Town 2014, launched the four themes that will shape and focus a year-long programme of design events and activities at the historic Clock Tower in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront tonight.
The four themes are:
1. African Innovation. Global Conversation: African ideas that speak to the world.
2. Bridging The Divide: Design that reconnects our city and reconciles our communities.
3. Today For Tomorrow: Sustainable solutions for people and planet.
4. Beautiful Spaces. Beautiful Things: Inspiring architecture, interiors, food, fashion, jewellery, craft, art and creativity.
In a bold move to signal the advent of the implementation phase of World Design Capital Cape Town 2014, this historic landmark with its eye-catching red colour was painted yellow (the primary branding colour for WDC 2014 that was also prominently used in the bid process as part of supporter branding).
Images: Courtesy of Cape Town Design NPC
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- The Reading Centre – September 2, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | What if we converted Olympic venues into schools? – August 14, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | WATCH : How to reimagine the streets of the future – June 11, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Film and city-making: An interview with Dele Adeyemo – April 28, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Voices of the city: Bonnie Horbach – April 10, 2015