In early 2010, after the anchor tenant pulled out, construction suddenly ground to a halt at the Roggebaai Square development in the foreshore. At the time construction had reached the first floor. After no movement on site for more than two years, rumours started circulating late last year that development would see a resurgence. This was confirmed when construction crews moved back on site in October 2012. While construction has been slow initially, the pace seemed to have picked up recently. Renders have been released on the new scheme, now renamed 167 On The Square. At this time it is believed that the developers are building on spec and that no anchor tenant has been secured.
Latest posts by Andre Wessels (see all)
- City Development Update: Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital – June 28, 2013
- City Development Update: Touchstone House – May 27, 2013
- City Development Update: Roggebaai Place – February 20, 2013
- City Development Update: 107 Bree St – January 9, 2013
- City Development Update: Grand Parade Investments new Head Office – November 12, 2012