Future Cape Town will be continuing with the Your City Idea voting installation initiative at the MyCiTi Civic Centre bus station from Monday 11 February at 9am until Tuesday 12 February at 3pm.
The project has been made possible due to collaborative efforts with partners HOTT 3 Dimensional Marketing, and more recently the City of Cape Town and the MyCiTi Bus Team.
This initiative will be an opportunity for the citizens of Cape Town to voice their opinions on urban issues in their city by casting their vote into a bright yellow ballot box. The ballot box installation will be visible and accessible to all willing visitors at the MyCiTi Civic Centre bus station, and is the second in a series of installations to be set up around Cape Town. Visitors will have the chance to vote on two urban questions, with four options to choose from. The options will be displayed as images or future visions for Cape Town, presented in four pigeon holes.
The installation was initially designed as a temporary urban intervention as part of the build-up to the upcoming Spaza Urban Innovation Festival during Cape Town’s year as World Design Capital in 2014. The Your City Idea initiative is the first in the series of Activate projects by Future Cape Town, which seek to use structures, new and traditional media and powerful partnerships to engage citizens in different and innovative ways.
Notes to editors
- Future Cape Town is a non-profit think tank organisation advocating for progressive urbanism and the future of our cities.
- The Your City Idea initiative seeks to use structures, new and traditional media and powerful partnerships to engage citizens in different and innovative ways.
- Read about the Your City Idea installation initiative here.
- See images of the Your City Idea installation here.
- Watch a video on the Spaza Urban Innovation Festival here.
Media Office, Future Cape Town