A short documentary about the impact The Shard will have on the surrounding areas as well as greater London when it opens its doors this month. The video features local residents, business owners and urban experts sharing their views about the building and how it fits into London’s peculiar building population. The documentary was made by Simona Piantieri who lives in the surrounding area.
This documentary highlights some of the questions that can inform a more nuanced understanding of architecture’s social ramifications and the relevance space art and technology have on local people and the city as a whole. It raises questions about how architecture and space reflect social needs, the role of urban planning in the construction of public areas and the impact it will have on the community.
Latest posts by Rouen Smit (see all)
- 1 million passengers a month for MyCiTi? – April 14, 2014
- Top Design(s) Chosen For Naspers Centre – April 8, 2014
- This Saturday: Cape Town BRT Expands to Atlantis – April 8, 2014
- University of Cape Town’s Shuttle Service Integrates with Cape Town BRT – March 7, 2014
- New Bus Route to Hout Bay – January 10, 2014