This week we take a look at some of the works which emerged from the honours architecture studio entitled Flaneur, Space, Time run by Adam Lee Casey at the University of Cape Town last year. These inspiring and thought provoking works have been compiled into a book which is both graphically inspiring as well as thought provoking.
Follow the links for further information of each project as well as an online perusal of the book itself.
We asked each student contributor to sum up their project starting with the line ‘Imagine if Harrington Square…’ , accompanied by a graphic that best sums up their buildings, this is what they had to say :
Imagine if Harrington square, was a cultural generator which relied on the heart, soul and the musical vibrancy of District six to engage Cape Town’s citizens. Built from the brick remains of District six, Cultural Development Sound Lab would be a venue for music festivals, production companies, radio stations and more!
Imagine if Harrington square was to be transformed into a dynamic cultural lab. One based wholly on the incubation and generation of creativity. The Lab would house multi-use studio spaces for all sectors of the creative industry; it will accommodate and feed of the already existing and burgeoning creative industry that exists within parts of District six and the East city!
Latest posts by Robert Bowen (see all)
- Harrington Imaginings: Media School & Pedestrian Friendly Culture Hub – March 29, 2013
- Harrington Imaginings: Multi-use Spaces – March 28, 2013
- Harrington Imaginings: Youth Centre and Cultural Development Lab – March 27, 2013
- Harrington Imaginings: Sound Lab & Artistry Complex – March 26, 2013
- Harrington Imaginings: Urban Park & Meme generating Lab – March 25, 2013