In 2016, the ZEITZ Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA) will open in the iconic Grain Silo building located at Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront. It will become Africa’s First Major Museum of Contemporary Art. We speak with part of the team about how the re-imagining of a museum in the African context , and the benefits and impact on Cape Town as a centre for art.
Zeitz MOCAA, a new not-for-profit institution, will be housed in the historic Grain Silo at the V&A Waterfront, with the V&A committing over R500-million to the development required for the establishment of the Museum. Built in 1921, and at 57m tall, the Grain Silo remains an icon of the Cape Town skyline.
Read more about the museum here
Missed a Metropolist show? Listen to the podcats of past shows here.
- Listen to us on Assembly Radio every Tuesday at 19h00 CAT
- Email us @ email@example.com
- Tweet us @MetropolistShow
Episode 1: Capital of Design
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016