In 2016, the ZEITZ Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA) will open in the iconic Grain Silo building located at Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront. It will become Africa’s First Major Museum of Contemporary Art. We speak with part of the team about how the re-imagining of a museum in the African context , and the benefits and impact on Cape Town as a centre for art.
Zeitz MOCAA, a new not-for-profit institution, will be housed in the historic Grain Silo at the V&A Waterfront, with the V&A committing over R500-million to the development required for the establishment of the Museum. Built in 1921, and at 57m tall, the Grain Silo remains an icon of the Cape Town skyline.
Read more about the museum here
Missed a Metropolist show? Listen to the podcats of past shows here.
- Listen to us on Assembly Radio every Tuesday at 19h00 CAT
- Email us @ email@example.com
- Tweet us @MetropolistShow
Episode 1: Capital of Design
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Film and city-making: An interview with Dele Adeyemo – April 28, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Voices of the city: Bonnie Horbach – April 10, 2015
- FUTURE GOLD COAST | In conversation: Rashiq Fataar and the founder of Future Gold Coast – April 8, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | South Africa’s hopes of planning better cities and communities – March 30, 2015
- FUTURE CAPE TOWN | Why young urbanists made their own city plan for Helsinki – March 23, 2015