What is it really like to cycle in a city? Are the hills a problem and how does one do it in the heat? Is the commuting by bicycle lifestyle in Cape Town reserved for those who live close to work or on certain sides of the mountain? How does one even begin to get by bicycle from Bellville or Athlone or Khayelitsha to Cape Town CBD or any other place of work in the city?
During Transport Month in 2013, we featured interviews with cyclists from Johannesburg to California to Lagos about their experiences as a cyclist in different communities and cities. Listen to our show this week as we continue sharing the stories, and chat to Andrew Wheeldon, Gareth Pearson and Dinika Govender about the in’s and out’s of cycling in Cape Town, and what Cape Town could learn from the rest of the world.
- Cycling in the City: Mumtaz Chohan-Gani
- Cycling in the City: Graham Wilson
- Cycling in the City: Rodney Dicks
- Cycling in the City: Dinika Govender
- Cycling in the City: Justinien Tribillon in London
- Cycling in the City: Mitchel Loring on campus
- Cycling in the City: Andrew Maki in Lagos
- Cycling in the City: Rouen Smit in Cape Town
- Cycling in City: Kelley Kim in California
Listen to all the podcasts of previous shows over here.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016