“Successful tourism doesn’t just boost economies – it builds pride too,” Cape Town Tourism. Tourism is key to a country’s economy and in developing countries, it can drive economic growth.The New York Times article, 52 Places to go in 2014 placed Cape Town as the number one city to visit.Being The World Design Capital for 2014 is expected to boost the already rising number of tourists that flock to the city each year.What is tourism’s role in the development of cities and how can we maximize on it’s ability to transform them?
Tonight on our show is Enver Duminy,Cape Town Tourism’s CEO. Enver says that,“Cape Town Tourism is a melting pot of colour, expression, passion and there’s an attitude where, in the end, everyone rallies together to make things work, despite the challenges on the horizon.” We ask Enver about tourism in Cape Town and the difficulties encountered in the drive to become a world class city.
Listen to previous editions of the Metropolist Show here.
EPISODE 13: Tourism in Cape Town
I write about these things at leafinthestreets.wordpress.com
Latest posts by Jade Leaf (see all)
- Cake and Climate Change – August 14, 2014
- Glasgow adds elevated athletics track to football stadium – June 27, 2014
- Event: Design, Cities and The World Cup – June 25, 2014
- Can transport and urban design “speak with each other”? – June 19, 2014
- The world’s best social housing projects? – June 18, 2014