“When you read about global change it is often as if Africa were not a part of the world”. What does Africa’s future hold? What tools should we be using to predict the future of our continent? The African Futures Project looks across most major issue areas – demographics, economics, sociopolitical change, the environment and human development. Exploring further in to Africa’s future than any other model,the project is a collaboration between the Institute for Security Studies (ISS) and the Pardee Center for International Futures at the University of Denver.
Joining us in studio this week is Hanna Camp who is currently involved in the African Futures Project and the ONECAPE2040,an initiative by the Western Cape Government. Listen in as we discuss the methods and applications used to predict the future of Africa, and whether or not these tools play an integral role in planning the future of our cities.
Listen to previous episodes here.
I write about these things at leafinthestreets.wordpress.com
Latest posts by Jade Leaf (see all)
- Cake and Climate Change – August 14, 2014
- Glasgow adds elevated athletics track to football stadium – June 27, 2014
- Event: Design, Cities and The World Cup – June 25, 2014
- Can transport and urban design “speak with each other”? – June 19, 2014
- The world’s best social housing projects? – June 18, 2014