DESIGN, CITIES AND THE WORLD CUP will present a critical dialogue and discussion on the role of the World Cup and other mega events as key drivers of design and city making and ultimately in forging a greater South African society. Co-hosted by Zahira Asmal of DESIGNING_SOUTHAFRICA, and Rashiq Fataar of Future Cape Town, the forum is seen as part of an on-going discussion on the role of mega events in South African and Brazilian cities, and how they can be better used to catalyse urban solutions, be they spatial, social or infrastructure oriented.
I write about these things at leafinthestreets.wordpress.com
Latest posts by Jade Leaf (see all)
- Cake and Climate Change – August 14, 2014
- Glasgow adds elevated athletics track to football stadium – June 27, 2014
- Event: Design, Cities and The World Cup – June 25, 2014
- Can transport and urban design “speak with each other”? – June 19, 2014
- The world’s best social housing projects? – June 18, 2014