by Shaakira Chohan
The Alexander Forbes Headquarters, located in the Sandton district of Johannesburg is a revolutionary development. It is an accredited five-star ‘Green Star’ rated building due to the merit of its environmental sustainability. Designed by Paragon Group Architects, the building has many innovative features, including S-shaped scalloped walls, fluid curves, plant-filled outdoor spaces and complex vertical designs. The building accommodates over 2,000 staff. It has already won multiple awards for safety, health, and environmental design. Browse through these photos of this beautiful accomplishment in structural design!
Latest posts by Future Joburg (see all)
- FUTURE JOBURG | Voices of the City: William Price – December 4, 2015
- FUTURE JOBURG | The fluid future of Johannesburg’s 2060 city: The Modderfontein smart city – November 30, 2015
- FUTURE JOBURG | Voices of the City: Uno de Waal – November 27, 2015
- FUTURE JOBURG | How Bree street in Joburg reveals potential for new forms of urbanity to emerge? – August 27, 2015
- FUTURE JOHANNESBURG | Why gated communities threaten democratic cities – April 7, 2015