Makeka Design Lab in joint venture with VDMMA have been appointed for the design of Silo 3 and 4, two mixed use buildings consisting of retail and high-end residential apartments. The buildings form part of the Silo District Developments surrounding the Zeitz MOCAA situated at the heart of the Precinct. Silo Square will provide a gathering place and interface to the public realm. The buildings are scheduled for completion in late 2016 and comprising of 75 apartments with uninterrupted harbour and mountain views. Set to achieve a minimum 4 stars as a mixed use development
The parking deck underneath the structure is almost compete which will allow the construction of the superstructure to commence.
- No.3 Silo will offer approximately 10 0002 of residential space in the form of approximately 75 luxury one to four bedroomed apartments.
- No.4 Silo will offer a state of the art, 4,000m2 Virgin Active Health Club due for completion by early 2016.
- No.5 Silo will offer 13 5002 of multi-tenanted office space and is due for completion by mid- 2016, followed by the residential development, No.3 Silo, in late 2016.
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Making public spaces in cities, Public: An interview with Jay Pather – April 4, 2017
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016