Book your ticket here
The Design Africa Symposium on Monday 11 August will take place from 3pm-9pm at the Brundyn+ Gallery, 170 Buitengracht Street, Bo-Kaap. This special event is presented by WDC Cape Town 2014 and Luyanda Mpahlwa DesignSpaceAfrica, with support from PPC Cement |AZA 2014, and is CPD validated by the Cape Institute for Architecture. The symposium continues the dialogue from the UIA 2014 25th World Congress on Architecture in Durban, as both WDC 2014 and UIA 2014 offer significant opportunities to bring international attention to South Africa’s design landscape.
The Design Africa Symposium, with the theme ‘Design Visions for African Cities of the Future’, will take the form of conversations with international and local voices on the contemporary condition of African cities. Featuring a robust line-up of design practitioners from across the African continent and diaspora, the objective is to analyse the urban development challenges facing African cities and to map out possible visions to re-shape African city environments into the future. This is a vital current topic.
Speakers include Angela Mingas (Angola), Joe Addo (Ghana), Sithabile Mathe (Botswana) and – from South Africa – Edgar Pieterse, Iain Louw, Rashiq Fataar and Luyanda Mpahlwa. The interactive discussion sessions will be followed by dinner, drinks and entertainment. Book your ticket here
Latest posts by Rashiq Fataar (see all)
- Bellville’s greenest building : The City of Cape Town electricity headquarters – June 21, 2016
- Granger Bay site adjacent to Cape Town Stadium planned for mixed-use development – June 21, 2016
- New Pwc offices at the Silo Precinct near completion – February 29, 2016
- Voortrekker Road corridor, Athlone Power station and Conradie Hospital receive national investment priority – February 29, 2016
- City intersections to priorities pedestrians – February 29, 2016