Future Cape Town, and the Urban Design Institute of South Africa (UDISA) present the event series ‘The Future of Public Space’.
The three-part lecture series on public space seeks to promote discourse on the contemporary challenges of the public realm against the backdrop of deepening inequality, fast urbanising cities and increasing socio-economic volatility. It will also seek to explore challenges of the future, where the changing nature of public-private ownership, aritificial intelligence, space travel, 3d printing and manufacturing present scenarios that few working in the field have grappled with.
The Second event in the series will focus Activism
Due to limited seating, we strongly encourage you to RSVP through the links provided below, as walk-in guests are not guarenteed seating.
Latest posts by Lisa Novacek (see all)
- Rotterdam to Cape Town : an interview with Hedwig Crooijmans-Lemmer | FUTURE CAPE TOWN – July 22, 2016
- 5 ideas to shape the future of housing in South Africa | FUTURE CAPE TOWN – June 22, 2016
- Why cities should learn from nature : The case for biomimicry | FUTURE CAPE TOWN – June 13, 2016
- Co-designing the future of Trafalgar Park with Square One Landscape Architects | FUTURE CAPE TOWN – April 26, 2016
- Life In The Bike Lane – March 1, 2013