An aerotropolis – a city scale development planned around the location of an airport – is being investigated around the area of the Cape Town International Airport. The ownership of the area comprises of Airports Company South Africa, City of Cape Town, WC Government and private property. ACSA is running a series of workshops to engage with stakeholders with the intention of working together to obtain a common vision for the aerotropolis.
- An investigation into the application of the Aerotropolis strategy to the Cape Town International Airport from a Global South Urban Planning perspective: David Hanly (Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment, University of Cape Town)
- The value of an aerotropolis for Cape Town International Airport
- WORLD ROUTES: Cape Town Seeks Partners to Build an Aerotropolis
- PRASA , Transport Infrastructure Part Two
- DA: Beverley Schäfer says Cape Town Airport Aerotropolis to create thousands of jobs