We work with ambitious organisations and people to make a meaningful contribution to the future of our cities.
We believe our cities can become more equitable, socially inclusive, visionary & innovative. We work towards this by co-creating and collaborating on projects which bring people, knowledge and design together – and include private sector, government agencies, civil society and citizens to make a lasting impact. We love working across diverse fields which include urban development, smart cities, sustainability, architecture, design, public spaces, non-motorised transport (cycling, walking) and digital media.
We bring people together to facilitate constructive participation in cities, through developing engagement strategies, events, media campaigns and networking.
- Public engagement and consultation
- Public participation strategies
- Networking events and programmes
- Public campaigns and public communication projects
- Social media conversations
- Creative events and conferences
- Exhibition conceptualisation, design and delivery
- Youth engagement and networking
Experience : Thornhill Park , Department of Design, City Talk, Young Urbanist network, Future of Public Space series, Design Africa Symposium, Bold City conference series, Strelka Institute, North Eastern University, UBI France, University of Botswana, Making Africa exhibition (Guggenheim, Vitra), City as a vision (FRAC Centre),
We believe in the power of design, and develop, facilitate and implement design processes with our partners and local designers.
- Design competitions, charettes
- Design curation/curatorial services
- Developing design brief, and strategy
- Designer procurement/selection
- Project Management
- Co-design public interventions
Experience : Sea Point Library Square design competition, Regent Road Parklet, Sea Point Promenade Bicycle Parking, Media24 building design competition, Your City Idea installation
We share and cultivate knowledge together to solve urban challenges using research, tours as well as presentations and collaborations with education institutions.
- Feasibility Studies
- Project monitoring
- Developing and curating knowledge programmes
- Plan and host tours, site visits
- Developing content strategies and content partnerships
- Presentations, lectures and workshops
Experience : Thornhill Park research and monitoring, Sea Point Library Square placemaking framework, Church Square research report, Bellville CBD socio-cultural study, Future Tyger, Regent Road parklet research report